Sunday, September 11, 2011

Been a while

Oh man, I feel like the worst blogger, not that I really ever considered myself one. But when you have a life, school, and a job, there isn't much time to blog. Not to mention not depressed.. haha. I'm honestly the happiest I've ever been, for as long as I can remember. I could blame it on my wonderful boyfriend, or the fact that I'm living at home and going to school in Salt Lake.. But I think it's just because I'm content with myself, where I am, and what I'm doing. But all those other things don't put a negative spin on things. I find it ironic that a year ago I was so anxious to leave this place and find out what was awaitin' me in the land of LOGAN. But all I found was anti depressants and an urge to drink. Not saying that most of it wasn't my fault and my negativity towards it all, but it made those things a lot more real. I am grateful I moved there and got my job at ASSERT. And learned that living alone is amazing, haha. But as I sit here and right this post in my very own room, on my comfy bed, with my colorful walls and pictures of my friends and favorite artist surrounding me, I can't help but feel happy.
This summer instilled a lot of firsts for me. My first real relationship and I'm not afraid to admit but first real non drunken make out. And much more then that ;) But the fact that I waited to do these things with somebody who I really love has made them that much more special. As I was younger and looking  forward to things like losing my virginity or meeting my boyfriends family, it scared the shit out of me. But with Westin everything feels right. I feel like I've been the worst friend in the world though. I promised myself that if I were to get a serious boyfriend my friends would ALWAYS come first NO MATTER WHAT. But now that I'm in the situation I see how hard that is. Being without the person you love makes it harder to enjoy things. Even going to the store to pick up milk, or going to get gas is 100 times better with the person you love. I may just be smitten right now but I'm not that ignorant. I know that relationships aren't always rainbows and flowers. There is conflict and compromise, which we've already dealt with so far. But if you love somebody enough your willing to change the fact that your lazy to make the other person happy.. I'm not saying that I'm going to be with im forever and I want to marry him blahhdeeblah blah. I keep my head out of the clouds for the most part. But I'm saying that moving in together and getting a pug named Bagels in a couple of years if we are still together couldn't hurt right? haha. :)

1 comment:

  1. I love you! This is so beautiful. For the past few days I have been thinking that I was going to write a blog with a similar theme and I sit down to do it and see this. So wonderful! Miss and love you!

    ReplyDelete