Sunday, January 2, 2011

Obessions

Having an obsession can be terrifying. Feeling like you want and need something that you never had in the first place. I can say in my life I've had a few obsessions,, but nothing too serious. From a band, to a boy, to an actor, they usually pass quickly. My recent obsession has been Michael Cera. I recently saw him play at Kilby Court with the band Mister Heavenly. He played bass, of course :) Before then I always thought he was cute and an okay actor. I sorta agreed with what everybody said, "He plays the same role in every movie." But he did that well, so why the hell not? Anyways, at the show my friends and I were able to meet him. I shyly asked for a picture, but he said no. He claimed that photographs made him feel like a piece of meat.. I guess I understood where he was coming from, but I was super disappointed. After that night I started to think about what it would be like to be an actor, and having people demand autographs and snap photographs without your permission. I can see how it would be thrilling the first couple of years, but eventually I would be like, "When the fuck does it end?" But seeing him really made me realize how real he is. And as stupid as it sounds, I wanted to prove to him that I was a real person and not just focused on the fact that he was famous. It made me wonder if you were famous if you could really trust anybody. I would be pretty skeptical. There is nothing I could of done or said that would make him believe I'm a real person, not that it matters anyways. But when I want to do something and I can't, lets just say I get obsessed.. haha. So the few weeks after I watched every movie and tv show with him in it. I've truly come to respect him as an actor, but even more as a musician. Now that it's been a couple of weeks I'm coming down from my obsession high. I still think he is a great person though and I would jump on any opportunity to see him again. :) I'm just waiting for my next obsession. I hate looking and not being able to touch.. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment